Of course the first thing most people think of when they think of “Thanksgiving” is the turkey and delicious foods that instantly come to mind. Here at Buddytruk, we went out of our way this year to remind ourselves what the true meaning of the holiday is: to give “thanks.”
In honor of that valuable message, our CEO, Brian Foley, took the time to pen a personal letter thanking everyone who has made Buddytruk the company it is today. Read below:
To the Buddytruk Community,
At a time when “giving thanks” is at the top of everyone’s mind, I just wanted to reach out and personally thank each and every member of the Buddytruk community for all you’ve done for our business.
- To our Users, thank you for trying something new this year, for being “social hauling” early adopters, and for choosing to do your move or delivery with a company more focused on the personal touch than the profit margins. We are thankful that we get to call you a part of our community.
- To our Business Partners, thank you for your continued support, for all the referrals and deliveries you’ve sent our way, and for the opportunity to learn more about your business wants and needs, so we can continue to build the best on-demand delivery service available. We are thankful that we get to call you a part of our community.
- To our Investors and Advisors, thank you for giving Team Buddytruk a chance to share its vision with the world, thank you for the countless introductions and the (much-needed) advice, and thank you for all the guidance you gave us, which allowed us to grow our community a couple thousand percent this year. We are thankful that we get to call you a part of our community.
- To our Team, thank you for “taking a leap of faith” and leaving behind a more “stable” job, with perhaps a better paycheck, to chase an idea, a dream. Thank you for all the late nights, the early mornings, the 80-hr workweeks (is that all of them?), and the holidays and weekends you spent here. Finally, thank you for making up for all of my shortcomings, and continuing to make me look good. I am thankful that I get to call you a part of our community.
- And finally, and most importantly, thank you to all of our Buddies. You are, without a doubt, the heart and soul of our community, and the engine that makes this company move. Thank you for taking that delivery at 11:30 PM on a Friday night, or sitting in rush hour for an hour just to move a couch 5 blocks away. We are thankful that you, allow us, to be a part of your community, the Buddytruk community. Thank you.
At Buddytruk, we believe the true purpose for Thanksgiving isn’t just to see who can eat the most turkey or to watch Texas Longhorns football, but to be with family and be thankful for all the abundance we have in this country. With that sentiment in mind, we are asking all of our Buddies to stay home and be with their families on Thanksgiving, and we’ll get back to changing “bulky-item delivery” forever on Black Friday!